Informational Health Services Update
While there are not any confirmed cases of the Corona Virus in our county, it is important that we all work together to slow the spread of the virus.
Our basic educational message is: Prevent the spread of germs
- Cover your cough with your upper sleeve
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Stay home if you’re sick
Stay Home if You’re Sick: A primary strategy against the spread of illness is for sick people to stay home.
Social Distancing: During suspected or identified infectious disease outbreaks, several social distancing measures can be taken to reduce the spread of an infectious disease.
Discourage the sharing of drinks or food.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
Consider those people at high risk. The elderly and persons with underlying respiratory conditions are at higher risk, consider keeping children and people with symptoms away from those at higher risk.
Things you can do with your children during this time:
- Enjoy this time with your family!
- Get outside and enjoy the nice weather, walk the dog, take a hike, etc. Group gatherings are what is discouraged.
- Help your child to stay up to date on their school work, check the school website and other resources daily.
- Don’t panic
If you do become ill:
- Contact your primary care physician
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Treat fever with Tylenol or ibuprofen as recommended by your PMD.
- Isolate yourself to help contain the spread of the virus.
Where to Get Information: If an infectious disease outbreak or pandemic occurs, having accurate and reliable information will be critical. Here are several websites to consult. ● Centers for Disease Control and Prevention World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.cdc.gov/ https://www.who.int/ ● U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) https://www.hhs.gov/