Tips for Learning Spanish:
- Study your Vocabulary Cards REGULARLY! You should study a little bit every day, if possible. Go through your cards from Spanish to English first, putting the cards in two piles: the "good" pile (those you know), and the "bad" pile (those you don't know, or don't know well). Continue studying the ones in your “bad” pile. Soon, all cards will be in the "good" pile! When you've learned them from Spanish to English, switch to the English side. This is more difficult, but you will really learn your vocab!
- Practice speaking Spanish! Don't be afraid to speak Spanish with other classmates, friends, siblings who know Spanish. Your Spanish does not need to be perfect! The important thing is that you try to communicate.
- Expose yourself to Spanish-speaking music, TV, magazines, etc. There are a lot of radio stations and TV stations in Spanish to try. Also, try watching a popular movie that you know well - but switch the audio to Spanish! Immersing yourself in the language is the best way to learn.
- Do your homework! If you don't, you will soon fall behind and will not understand what's going on in class. To be successful, you must keep up and do your work.
- Talk to your teacher if you are struggling. I am here to help you, and sometimes it just takes a little bit of extra help for things to "click."